** the following paintings can be purchased at http://www.etsy.com/shop/RhiCreates
I've been busy tonight working on a few paintings as well as painting a wine glass!
(wine glass tutorial will be posted in the next few days! yaayyy!)
ps- when I get them all done and hung up, I will share the final result :)
1. I painted a 11x14 canvas black
2. I used purple as the main color and began to paint the feather with thin, whimsical and wispy lines
3. I added the remaining colors 1 layer at a time
color order: purple, blue, green, darker blue, purple, pink.
1. For the next painting, I painted the entire canvas a turquoise blue, which was straight from a bottle of acrylic paint I purchased at Hobby Lobby
2. I painted the basics of the feather starting with purple and working to the top right
3. I began adding more and more lines by layering color on top of other colors
This last painting was by far the easiest!
1. I painted my entire 8x10 canvas deep purple.
2. When It was dry, I began painting the circle design starting with a lighter shade of purple
3. To make the design: I painted a small circle in the bottom left, which serves as the center of my shape. Then I made lines the size and thickness of a grain of rice all the way around the center mark. From there, I added levels of marks to increase the diameter of the circle-like shape.
4. I continued this same method of making these shapes by using lime green then the darker green (on the left side), pink, and lastly- turquoise.
And there they are!!
Now I just need to figure out what to paint for the rest of the grouping...
PS- My precious angel, Trixie, wanted you all to know that she helped with this project too :))